The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday January 20, 2017 at 22:43
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 20, 2017 at 19:32, punter16 said...
We have a Samsung UN65KS8000 TV being controlled IR with an RTI iPad/SURFIR/XP6. The problem is that the TV turns ON intermittently. OFF works every time.

Oh, I see; it's not that it turns on intermittently, it's that it responds intermittently to ON commands. (I've been awakened to the bedroom 36" coming on in the middle of the night. That's intermittent turning on.)

1) It works every time with the TV remote (it uses Bluetooth).

Not using Bluetooth, but using a command from the URC database in a URC remote, doesn't remove variables and doesn't say anything specific about IR control. Do you have any old Samsung IR remotes you can use to see if it responds to them all the time or intermittently?

2) It works every time if the TV has been turned ON, system is turned OFF and then you turn it back on after 30 seconds or so.

This is similar to the problem that mark65 had, cured by an update. Look for an update.

3) It is very intermittent if you wait longer than 60 seconds or so (normally not turning on).

Well, first thing in the morning is more than 60 seconds after you turned it off, so this means when you put it on for the first time on a given day, it's hard to get it to turn on. Seems you'd state it that way if that's the fact. Is it exactly that or something different?

We have programmed many of these TVs and have never had a problem with the codes. We have:

1) Blocked out background light in case the IR window was getting flooded: no worky.
2) Relearned the code from the URC remote: no worky.
3) Tried a different ON codee from RTI library: no worky.
4) Turned lights off in room: no worky.
5) Firmware update: no worky.
6) Factory reset: no worky.
7) CEC/Anynet+: Of course it is off.
8) Checked antenna for noise: No problems.

Those are all great sanity checks. I wonder how you checked for noise on the antenna, though. (I assume TV antenna, since you did not say.)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse