The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday January 20, 2017 at 22:16
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On January 20, 2017 at 21:14, Mac Burks (39) said...
This is what i was getting at with my earlier post. Lutron has any and all features anyone could ever want in their lighting system...but...you are going to have to use the right product. If you want cheap and easy and available at Amazon...go with Caseta. If you want a bunch of features and Control4 integration go with something that has been built for it like RA2 or QS.

In a 1%er home obviously caseta wouldn't work. It's the wrong product. But if someone is looking into getting started with lighting control then it's a great cheap option. The client I'm going to be providing it to has a modest 2600 sq.ft home, mid century modern and a very open concept. Even if we did every single light in the house he would only be at 37 devices. When caseta is almost 3x cheaper then the cost of RA2 or C4 lighting with a control system at the helm it will be no different. He's spent a lot of money with me in the past, but he just couldn't wrap his head around the cost difference, and I couldn't lie to him. In this case it would make sense.

Technically Lutron shot them and us in the foot by bringing caseta to the market and having good marketing. Normalally I would have quoted C4 or RA2 buttttttt..caseta fit the bill, perfectly. Know how he found out about it? Was looking at C4 lighting link, then went to FB and saw an add for caseta.... :(
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse