Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Wednesday January 18, 2017 at 18:20
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On January 18, 2017 at 02:06, Mario said...
Tuck, I had clients that wanted to keep boxes.
Why? I don't know. Maybe they wanted to check model numbers against Amazon.

I've had clients that checked model numbers on back of xyz.

The packaged price only goes so far on small installs where client knows that I charge $85/hr and I was there for x hours.

This is thread drift now, but anything bought from us is value added. We chose it cause it works, or it's supported or why ever we like it. Not because some keyboard warrior gave it 5 thumbs up on Amazon. Those reviews are meaningless. A customer gets more comfort in knowing that what they bought is the right product when it comes from us. Sure they could Amazon every single bit in the install but there's no way they would have come to the decision of all that product on their own. Not without likely buying a bunch of crap that didn't work first. I have no problem explaining this and charging list price or at least retail price. Plus when I provide it, I will re/re it and bring it for service for 1 year as part of my warranty. Provided equipment gets no such service. I spell it all out in a handy spreadsheet in my final delivery package that each customer gets, every single thing in the system, who it was provided by, what the warranty period is, what's covered, and how to go about getting that done. That's a value add as well. Just sell it, and if they don't see the value then they can get the stuff on eBay and be happy that they saved 10$. When it fails I make it up on T&M during the re/re.

Back on track here, I'm fortunate to live close enough that I visit most of my suppliers in person. I'm going to start checking boxes. Should have a long time ago.

Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse