The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday January 14, 2017 at 13:23
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 14, 2017 at 12:27, The Lizardking Part II said...
As I screwed up the update on the past post I figured that new post would hopefully not cause more confusion...

As Isaid in the other thread, these are conversations. The clearest thing you could have done would have been to make this your most recent post in that thread. Oh, well.

I have the smoked Onkyo 1030 headed back for repairs/ replacement? My boy was starting early yesterday and by 10:30am when I talked to him he was already a little "under the weather", allergies I believe he said. He no longer trusts the Onkyo, and wants something "morebetter??"

Huh? Who is your boy and what do his allergies have to do with this thread? If your boy your customer, or a tech you sent to the site? Your unidentified boy is defining whether the Onkyo is kept?

So my esteemed brethren, I pose this question to you all, knowing his penchant for extremes,

I get from this that "his" means your customer. Are you allowing him to choose the brand he's getting?

I think you should reread the other thread's recommendations (another reason to expand a thread instead of starting an additional one) and follow that advice.

whose amplifier/ s do you like for this particular situation. The Triads (Silver series) in-wall are staying, the wife likes the look..sources are, directv, cd player, Xbox One all going to a Sammy 65" controlled via a URC MX990. I know that this isn't necessarily what "you would do" but these are the cards I am are dealt, so I got no choice. I am re-running all the speaker wire as I will not warranty someone else's work and want to eliminate ANY possibility of any wire related issues. Going with 14/4 & 14/2 for the wire..

One major thing to help the situation is to be damn sure you have enough clean power to give the guy the volume he's going to try to get. Under-powered amps blow speakers way before over-powered amps. When an amp clips, the energy going to the tweeters increases dramatically.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse