Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Thursday January 12, 2017 at 10:37
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I am not upset with SONOS, Spotify, or Control4 about any of this. It is just life. We deal with it and move on like anything else. If you have read these forums about Fusion, Autonomics, and other music streaming devices, you would find far more complaints/issues with hardware, software, support, etc. than you ever will with SONOS. It is bulletproof.

To your point about "unsupported anything", I understand your sentiment, but in reality, it has never been a big issue. And now there IS a supported solution. It just so happens that the unsupported solution works far better than the supported one, which contradicts your sentiment. :)

We sell stuff all day long that we know will fail at some point. Most of the electronics we install today will not live to see 10 years, whether it breaks or becomes obsolete. We have enjoyed SONOS for over a decade and no one was able to match their product in terms of reliability, ease of deployment, ease of use, content availability, etc. Every control company has integrated or at least tried to integrate with it even though it was not endorsed by SONOS, because it was and still is the best option out there in its class.

If SONOS does not integrate well with others moving forward, you have 2 options. Use it in its limited integration, use something else that integrates more, or do not integrate it into your control systems, and rely on the SONOS app for control. Pros and cons to each of those options, but the one that is right for your application is the correct one, and that could change depending on the project.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse