The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 11, 2017 at 17:24
PSS
Select Member
December 2002
I'm ready to wire up a new install and the owner wants a fairly small, 2 or 3 interior locations intercom system.......with possible ability to answer the front door. I don't want to put in an old style wall mounted intercom (thinking DoorBird or Ring Pro). Answering the front door via intercom isn't a must. They can use their phone or iPad (initial plan) for the DoorBird
In the past I'd wire every room with cat5e for phone jacks and a potential phone system. But now with DoorBird/ Ring Pro an "old style" phone system to answer the front door and to have internal communication seems out dated. Am I wrong? I personally haven't put in a phone system in a residence in a long time.
With cell phones and camera type intercoms at the front door homes not having a land line the cost of a phone system and handsets seems high for something that's pretty much just to answer the door (or just used as a doorbell and they just go to the door).
Am I alone in this type of situation? What are you guys doing? Still installing Panasonic or similar type systems?? Your feedback would be appreciated as I need to come up with a solution. T.I.A. !!

Hosting Services by ipHouse