The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Saturday January 7, 2017 at 16:41
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On January 6, 2017 at 11:22, Mogul said...
I honestly do not understand the concern over the "thickness" of a TV. They've gotten so thin that they do not FUNCTION as well as older displays in some ways. Every ultra-thin OLED or LCD I've delivered lately has "waves" in it if you look across its width from the side, even though packaging and television are pristine...WTF?

Is there really a critical mass of people craving 1.2mm thick 75" screens out there...? Or is this just [largely Asian] designers trying to one-up each other...?

Looking through this thread today, this made me think about conversations we have had in the shop about stupidly thin TVs. The TVs are thin, but then by the time you put them on a mount that has enough rough to just get power cords plugged in, cables connected, and HDMI extenders hidden, the thin tv is actually 3" to 4" off the wall. Especially given the limited bolt options packaged in mounts and that you usually have to use the longer bolts with spacers.

Then, I thought about, I don't remember the last time I used a flat mount. We always use a tilt mount to improve the viewing angle and help with any glare. i really wonder how great the viewing is on this wall paper tv.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse