The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday January 4, 2017 at 14:00
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
i am going to go ahead and do a 7.1.4 system. I will do the center speaker an in ceiling triad LCR (because my tv will be mounted above the fireplace)- my front left and right channel will be my R300s using my Parasound amp/preamp passthrough. the rear channels will be small book shelfs from triad within the built in cabinetry The rest of the speakers will be all inceiling triad LCRs

Subwoofer will be my JL Fathom F110

Preamp will be marantz 7702

does this sound like a plan? should i just do the setup as close to this diagram as possible? to be clear the front left and right (#2) will be my R300's then #6 will be triad mini bronze book shelfs then the rest...I know the kefs and JL will not be Timbre matched but does it matter? Trying to work my 2Ch. System within this and killing two birds with one stone. (#3-#7-#5#8)will all be triad incelings. This setup is all wife approved (she doesnt care as long as it looks good and no ugly boxes :( ) then she asked if we really need surround sound! :P
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse