The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 2, 2017 at 23:26
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
finally getting around to doing my living room and just cannot decide what todo for surround sound. Like the burnt out thread i just dont care and nothing excites me any more in this industry. But like many of you since we deal with this stuff everyday we just dont really care todo our systems like we would our clients. But maybe its worth trying out a 7.1 system or atmos?

Due to space constraints in my living room I cant do floor standing speakers. I could MAYBE get away with killing two birds with one stone and using my 2ch system book shelf's as part of my front L+R speakers (Kef R300's) on the built in cabinets next to the fireplace but for right now assume its not wife approved.

my couch is 13 feet back from the fireplace and the room is roughly 24 ft long. the width of the room is ~14ft.

Cant decide on speakers, leaning towards Triad ceiling LCR's for the fronts and then the in-ceiling Surrounds but also debating on using the Small Aperture speakers from James (or triad) to match the 4" lights I'll be installing.

So what do you say guys, 5.1 7.1 or Yolo it and make my ceiling look like swiss cheese and go with atmos?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse