The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 28, 2016 at 21:54
davey28
Long Time Member
January 2007
OK Pros, this is a new one for me. Maybe one have you have run into this?

I have a client with the Denon E400 controlled by the MX-900. The clients are older and when they watch/listen to the STB source, they want multi channel stereo so they can hear it better through the surround speaks. It seems every time I go there the sound setting has changed for that source. It's seems to default to Dolby Digital of some sort which drops volume from the rears.

So, on the OEM Denon remote, when you push and hold the green button (movie surround) it pops up a drop down menu on the GUI with multi channel stereo as an option. I believe it's the 4th from the top.

My first question is how would you capture a press and hold button FROM an OEM remote on the MX-900? Learn maybe?

Second, does anyone know if that drop down menu has an anchor? Even if I can over come the press and hold issue, how can I make sure the macro will end up on multi channel stereo?

Programming with CCP

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have to offer.

Lastly, I love this site (Thanks Daniel) even with some of the arguments and crazy talk. I learn a lot while being entertained....lol...With that said, what ever you observe this time of year, I hope it's a good one, year after year.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse