The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Friday December 23, 2016 at 10:14
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 22, 2016 at 15:36, Fins said...
I think I mentioned it on IP a few years ago. I went to Staples and bought some of the 3"x5" mailing labels in bright neon colors, then printed them with a warning that was something like

WARNING! THIS NETWORK CONTAINS STATIC IP ADDRESSES AND OTHER SPECIALIZED SETTINGS

Before making any changes to this network contact ***** A/V @ 555-555-1234

I put these on the routers. Now Im thinking of getting some smaller labels that can fit on the switches and patch panels.

I should have done this for one of my clients who had a guy from a local computer dealer doing their computer/router setup. I had installed a Request server in the beginning of the project and decided to log into it, to see if it had bee reporting to the DDNS on a regular basis but when the web page showed the player, I couldn't log in so I looked for the line that shows when it logged in last- 1:15PM, the previous day. I called and asked if they had bought a new router and he paused before slowly asking "How did you know that?", as if it was a totally creepy thing for me to know.

I then had to open the ports for the Request and camera DVR because Mr Genius (who now works at one of the Apple Stores) didn't bother to look for this info in the old router's setup.

Butthead!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse