Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Friday December 23, 2016 at 08:30
buzz
May 2003
To some extent the installers are under the gun to "get in, get out" as fast as possible. This makes the corporate spreadsheets look better and increases the chances of a bonus. Some of the installers tell me about requirements to make a certain number of calls per day. This can result in someone walking away from a site. And, there are "charge backs" to the first installer if a second installer must be dispatched to "fix" something that went wrong. If the installer doesn't think that he can fix the problem or if it might require too much time, leaving now cuts his losses. This is one reason why the cable technicians keep cutting ends and re-terminating everything. "Replacing bad ends" looks good on the service ticket, justifies some time, makes 3rd parties look bad and defends against "charge backs" for not replacing ends.

I recently was called to "fix" one of my networks. After being victimized by cheap and DIY, the network was serviced (multiple times) by Comcast for "poor WiFi". I found the system split between my router and Comcast's gateway and there were three Airport Extreme's, one of them much too close to some other WiFi kit. And there was some Sonos on the network. As we know, adding players, BOOST, and BRIDGE to separate subnets does not work out. The Comcast installers would demonstrate that WiFi was working (at one spot of their choice) by calling up a website, declaring "done", and then split. Sonos not working? Happens to him all the time, very troublesome equipment, best to leave it disconnected, but the WiFi works -- see!

Hosting Services by ipHouse