The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Monday December 19, 2016 at 13:03
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 19, 2016 at 01:28, JustinG said...
I think it was pretty obvious he worked for ADI.

A. You've never screwed yourself by making a faulty assumption? Not even when your mistaken assumption looked like it must be obvious?

B. Jeff at Zektor took pains to tell us from the outset, starting with his friggin' member name, just who he works for. Along the way, Brent has been totally out front and Fred's humorous use of the phrase "my favorite distributor," along with other statements, left no doubt as to where his sympathies lie. And all of those guys gave us solid advice beyond their simple sales needs, so were cooperating and contributing members here. That in itself builds credibility.

Randy made no mention of his actual creds, just launched into product detail. A place I worked once had a guy who could spout all sorts of specs because he read the magazines all night long, but he was worthless with actual experience.

Some of the most irritated slams here have been against members who popped up and started talking up particular products without mentioning that they worked for the company involved. Don't we all want to be sure who's talking?

On another topic, my local ADI, for years, had plenum RG59 but did not have connectors for plenum RG59. More than once, I asked the manager "If I have to go to another business to by BNCs for RG59, and they have the plenum cable, why would I ever come here for cable?" It was at least a year before they had those BNCs. A company with a major disconnect like that could easily order TVs to be made "for CIs"... and not think to include discretes.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse