The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Monday December 19, 2016 at 10:18
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On December 15, 2016 at 09:38, RBlanch4080 said...
Just to clarify a few things on this thread:
1. These are not Sharp TV. They are manufactured by an OEM in Asia that also builds for many large brands are around the world.
2. Obviously we have no affiliation with Snap AV or Wattbox. The WBox brand is owned by Honeywell, ADI's parent company
3. ADI only sells them into the integrator channel, targeting the light commercial market. We do not sell them to any retailers.
4. These TV were created for dealers, or their customers, who are buying other entry level brands like Insignia, Westinghouse, etc to make more profit and still be competitive. Unlike those brands, there is no retail to compete with and they come with a two year over the counter exchange warranty.
5. The reason for no discrete codes is that to have both VGA and discrete IR would have raised the price to where they are no longer value priced. Believe it or not the IR board and the input board are the same.
6. They are great for restaurants, bars, offices, etc where the end user just wants to buy on price. I would not recommend them for residential applications personally.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions about WBox or anything else AV related at ADI

-Randy Blanchard

All this confirms is that this was not designed for the CI market. There is not a single CI on this planet that would ask for a TV without discrete commands. I would not allow a client to dictate what TV we use if we go into it knowing that the set chosen has no discrete commands. They would have to pony up for the next available model that will allow us to provide what they want, with reliable control. This set is a total fail without discretes. Commerical or Residential. May as well stop production cause no way real CI's will deal with these things. Your only chance of moving these is if the Alarm guys come in and just throw them on the wall for clients. That's about it!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse