The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Wednesday December 14, 2016 at 21:31
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On December 14, 2016 at 14:15, Mac Burks (39) said...
Both sides don't have merit. The only reason we still need gasoline engine trucks today is that we didn't start investing in green technology earlier.

I don't imagine there is any way to substantiate that claim, other than you repeating it often enough makes it true.

More money, more research can certainly yield more results, but if the product has costs that are dramatically higher, outrageously higher, and will be that way for a long time, that is hard to make that kind of investment. My gas and electric bill is 10 times higher over what it was 25 years ago. To afford that kind of energy that you want everybody to have, it would have to be 20,30,50 times higher to pay for more expensive energy.

If air and solar had a better pay back, people with money that like to make money would be all over it.. The fact that we only have as much as we have shows that it is not as viable as we would like it to be without tremendous government subsidies.

In no way am I voting against solar and wind power, but the cost has to be taken into account. I personally like hydroelectric power. But nowadays it's pretty tough to build a dam without offending a mosquito or a bat somewhere.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse