The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 11, 2016 at 20:55
Kwiendar
Lurking Member
December 2016
I have a LG TV model number 40LH5000. When I first got this tv I attempted to set up discrete on and off commands on a harmony remote. The discrete commands given from the harmony database do not work. I searched the web attempting to find a remote with these commands that would work hoping I could load them into a remote app on my old HTC One M7 and teach them to the harmony. Unfortunately every LG TV remote I have tried has failed to work. The power toggle and volume worked from many of these remotes but none of the discrete commands worked. I gave up assuming that this TV did not have support for discrete codes.

This morning by accident the TV was turned on by the pause command from the Nvidia Shield TV which isn't even in the same room. This was a total fluke. I searched online and found the pronto code for that pause command and loaded it onto the HTC One and tested it out. It turns the TV on but won't turn it off. I am pretty much a novice at this so I don't know what to think. Does this mean that the TV does in fact have discrete codes or is this just a coincidence?

As I said I'm a novice so I don't know what "nec1 dev 4" or "nec1 dev 128.126" means but I have used power toggle and volume pronto codes from remotes with the dev 4 designation that work and now a pause code from dev 128.126 designation that works as discrete on. Is that normal?

If there is a discrete off command how should I go about finding it?

Thanks for your time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse