The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Monday November 28, 2016 at 10:40
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On November 28, 2016 at 10:04, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
All this hate over a lousy cheap 4' ladder.... Good grief.

Me, I have a cheap 4 footer but it never gets used, since I bought the Little Giant 13 foot which is a lot more stable AND has the ability to become a taller ladder.

Sold most of my ladders a few years back (40' ext, 32' ext, 16' step, 12' step, 8' step and a couple 5' steps), but still have the two Little Giants (22' & 13'), the old 4 footer, and a work platform I picked up at the auctions for $7.50.

Used to love that monster 40 footer, but age has a way of changing things...LOL

No hate man. Still don't understand why people are getting bent out of shape. My comment was not meant as an attack. I am not sure how you do it with mainly just a Little Giant. They are way too heavy, in my opinion, to be used as your main every day ladder. They are great ladders, do not get me wrong. I love my werner that is of the same style but use it as an as needed basis. I probably use the 4' the most as it is the easiest to sling around a client house. 6' for anything that requires more height or anything that would require me to reach a bit on the 4'.

Anything that my 28' can't reach, I do not do. I am not afraid of heights, but have seen and heard too much about accidents on ladders that I choose to go the safer route. When I was younger, I worked in a HVAC supply house and heard some gnarly stories about guys calling off ladders. One in particular that had a ladder on a ledge on a roof and the ladder went down. The guy fell straight down and landed on the roof thankfully, but on his feet. Jacked everything up and he was in a bad way for a long time. He didn't walk for a year or two at all. That wasn't a tall ladder, but left enough of an impression for me to play it safer at all times.

Hosting Services by ipHouse