The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Monday November 28, 2016 at 10:20
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 28, 2016 at 08:15, goldenzrule said...
I certainly understand not wanting to keep the ladders on the outside. I had my 6' on top of my old econoline van and fully understand the winter aspect. We get hit hard enough here in CT. What I have in my NV is a roof mounted rack (interior) that allows the ladder to hang.

[Link: adriansteel.com]

I use the 4' ladder as much or more than the 6'. For one, if I have to work in a closet the 6' is too tall and I cannot get in. It's quicker and easier to carry around. It's great for TV hangs where you need a little extra height. A lot of the older homes I work in here have shorter ceiling, some being only around 8', and the 4' ladder works great when working on these again.

Lastly, the Astro is a great van. I had an awd version years ago and loved it, but I just cannot fit what I can in my NV. With the shelving I have, I have it pretty well organized and fit quite a bit. It would definitely be challenging to fit everything I now have back in the Astro.

Oh, forgot, the 2 ft ladder. It is more of a short step ladder. I don't use it much and no longer carry it on the truck. It was good for a quick boost up but I agree with you that its best to have something you can lean on when needed.

I'd like the extra height, but I don't sell many TVs that don't fit inside the Astro.

You probably get hit harder than we do- my brother lives in Hartford and he has told me about snow that hasn't fallen here in years.

I have a Weather King shelves on the driver's side and Adrian on the other- the previous owner used it for window tint materials and tools, so the shelves they had were cobbled together from PVC sheet, little angle brackets and screws. I yanked those out as soon as I got it home.

I'm on my feet too much, as it is. I have an activity pedometer app that shows steps & elevation changes in my phone and one day, I walked over 6900 steps. People talk about walking 10,000 steps every day for losing weight and being healthy, but that same day, the monitor showed me doing 41 flights of stairs. Sitting isn't a bad thing.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse