The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Friday October 28, 2016 at 21:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 27, 2016 at 22:04, vwpower44 said...
I had a similar thing happen at my house. I have a water softener. Its the kind that doesn't use electric. It uses the water pressure to move the insides. Either way, it stopped working. When I turn the lever to the off position, it lifts the water pipe ground from my house. Since turning it off, I have lost 6 WAPS, three routers, one security cam, and two blurays. Whenever the electric goes off and comes back on, it would blow out several things.

After doing a bit of research I found that this was common with the Kinetico Softeners. My problem is that my panel grounds to my water pipe, but not right where it comes in. It grounds at the closest pipe to the panel. It should be right where it comes into the house. If it was, then when the softner is off, it would still ground through the water pipe. I ended up running a piece of pipe with a shutoff between the two pipes for continuity :)

I wonder how many people have their house grounded improperly and have a Kinetico water softener.

Uh, wut?

Does your house have ground rods? Are they connected to the electric service with an unbroken conductor? The water softener should have no bearing on your electric service, in any way. It would seem that the pipe to it is plastic and the water is being used as the ground conductor.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse