Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Friday October 28, 2016 at 19:04
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Options would be another code that would be handy to have. I had a guy yesterday ask about turning on closed captions. I had to dig to find it in the menu, but it comes up with the options button as a quick toggle. But it was late, I had a 2 hour drive, and knew I would be back up there in the near future, so I did not go closer to his neighbor's house (that we did an install in several months ago), get on his wifi, and look on the internets for the codes.

It is great that Dish is trying to be integration friendly. Hell, there is a C4 logo right there in the menu. Elan's forthcoming 2-way driver looks fantastic. But it is like they focused all of their resources there, and left those of us using dinosaur IR remotes, in the dark (pun intended). :)

I chose to use URC MX780/MRF350 on this job vs. Harmony Elite or Control4 EA-1 bundle (I took all 3 options with me), because 1. No internet at the home yet. 2. We were not involved with networking, so no idea what the wifi scenario will be when they do get internet. 3. Installed a Snap 2 ch. mini amp, connected to TV toslink out, and 2 in-ceiling speakers in the rear of the room. I asked if he wanted the sound to always come from those....he requested both with the option of adjusting volume independently on the TV speakers and the ceiling speakers. I knew that would be a programming kludge in C4 for sure....and just did not want to deal with the Harmony...especially with no internet....kind of throws a wrench in things.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse