The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday October 22, 2016 at 10:31
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 21, 2016 at 15:53, punter16 said...
We just walked a house that has the original speakers and wiring from 1990. There is one pair of wires (16/4) at the home run that feeds 6 different pairs through the house. There are VCs at each speaker pair location in each room. We didn't have time to take the speakers out but we looked at one of the VCs and it wasn't a 70V VC. We looked for some type of hidden autoformer that everything might wire to or Bose gold amp from back in the day and we couldn't find anything. However, the way the house is laid out made it so we couldn't track all of the whole house wiring (no crawl space in many of these areas).

Any ideas as to what might be going on wire-wise or a best practice to track things down?

Thanks in advance

You need to buy a device for sending an audible tone through wiring and use that to find the cable paths. The far VC shouldn't be the first in line from the head end, but with only one 4 conductor cable at the head end, anything is possible. Remove all of the VCs to make it possible to test and then, label the cables with some identifying number or code and create a list so you can organize your thoughts.

Since it doesn't have crawl space below all areas, what about the attic? Have you looked there for the cables?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse