The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 684 made on Saturday May 12, 2007 at 01:03
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
I don't see this happening any time in the immediate future. Currently, my day job, home remodelling, and other activities take pretty much all of my time.

When I first investigated writing SNL for the 7000, there were too many issues that I ran into when thinking about converting for native NG format.

The new program would be written in .NET. .NET does not support the ProntoNEO raster font used on the NG remotes but rather only supports a TrueType font.

Therefore, the whole UI that used to display all items using Pronto Font would simply not work. The only thing that one could possibly get out of a native version that they don't have for the 9200 migration mode would be use of Firm1 and Firm4, color depth > 256 colors, and possible use of full 240x320 screen. With the addition of the Alt+Shift+Drag functionality to add links coupled with the fact that Jumps in an ActionList are executed as part of linking/aliasing (was not supported on TSU 2000/6000), there's not really much more functionality that could be added other than possibly the addition of layouts to support things like LowPro's DVD Lobby.

However, it should be noted that the DVD Lobby layout is complex and difficult to model with a generic algorithm. Yet another reason, along with lack of donations over past 2 years, that I've not progressed.

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on May 12, 2007 01:10.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse