The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Thursday September 22, 2016 at 14:49
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On September 22, 2016 at 14:22, Ernie Gilman said...
Equally, attention needs to be paid to clear writing.

Yes, you did. But the second item in a list should not make the reader go "oh, I see what he's talking about." Each term should stand on its own.

This is real: There's a mid-80s product labeled "Video Switcher." Its instructions might read "To use this video switcher, start by connecting your sources and displays to the F connectors on the back of the unit."

If you were a librarian or a fire fighter i could see how this would be confusing. If you are an audio video technician you should understand that label with no issue. If you are an audio video technician and that statement does confuse you...i think its safe to say that you will also have issues with basic HDMI wiring and possibly tying your shoes.

A more confusing term in that example is the use of the word "switcher". Does it really switch signals? Or does it actually route signals? Or are the routed signals switched? Or possibly the switched signals routed?

See, it's NOT a video switcher, it's an RF switcher, but the initial term was not complete and definitive all on its own. You read Video Switcher, but then later find it's NOT a video switcher.

If you had even listed the same components, but put them as
it would have been more clear. I still think they should have been called "HDMI cables."

We simply don't call them that, so when you do, you raise a question and progress grinds to a halt. This is similar to the quotation marks in the title at [Link: remotecentral.com]. Julie was just quoting someone else, but even there, why did someone else use the quotation marks?

Even if you read a rabid proponent of HDMI like Jeff Boccaccio, you will find references to possible and likely problems with HDMI. He has tested many HDMI products and found them lacking... from there, how can it EVER be stated that your luck with HDMI should be typical?

I think your problem is that you consider my seasoned exceptional expertise to be "Luck". I used quotation marks on either side of the word luck in that last sentence to make the reader of this paragraph aware that i was quoting the words that you typed in your paragraph earlier when you were responding to my earlier comment in this thread. Hopefully i included enough information about my use of the word Luck and the quotation marks on either side of it.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse