The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday September 21, 2016 at 18:54
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
I like HDMI. I like that i can wire up a 10-20 video source rack in 30 minutes (including wire management) with premade HDMI cables. Before HDMI i had to make at least 6 cables per source. My hands would be numb for a week.

I have had 3 HDMI issues that i can think of...

1.Monster Cable brand "THIN" HDMI cables. I bought them to snake them around a fireplace into a cabinet. Once i got them in place they didnt work. So either the cables were crap or pulling them in the wall broke them somehow. The fix was to cut the wall and cabinet a little and use normal sized HDMI cables.

2.We ordered a cheap monoprice 1X5 HDMI switch/splitter for something. It didn't work. I still have it somewhere. I think it was 30 bucks.

3.We had an audio drop issue in 3 theaters (different projects) in a row. We would get a report every few months of no audio. The solution each time was to power cycle the Procise surround processor. After a lot of hair pulling i think i have it figured out (no calls for 6+ months now). We were routing video via fiber-RMC to the projector. Then we used another DM HDMI output to send audio to the procise. I rewired so that video out of the Procise went to the projector...removing the RMC from the mix. So DM out--->Procise--->Projector. That seems to have solved the problem.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse