The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday September 20, 2016 at 09:58
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On September 20, 2016 at 02:50, ErikU said...
When we cross-over from broadcast to AV, I'm always SUPER frustrated with HDMI. I don't get it at all. HDMI and HD-BaseT have never made any sense at all to me.

Mini-coax terminated with a BNC can do everything HDMI can do, but better, cheaper and easier. Way more reliable. HDMI is simply terrible. I hate dealing with it. We have to live with it in the consumer AV world only because of copyright protection. But honestly, even that could be done easy with coax if the consumer industry cared.

I have often wondered why SDI never took off....it's because consumers are stupid and wouldn't dream of plugging in a coax to get "1080i" it was a progression from antenna to coax to composit to s-video to component and finally the turd we know of as HDMI....it all has one thing in common, it requires new equipment as it progresses. The sales pukes tell the world that the newest tech is the best and people swillow it hook line and sinker. It's all to polish the accounts of huge corps and their investors...and cover it up as "it's to prevent piracy"
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse