The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Monday August 29, 2016 at 13:16
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
I'm still facing issues. Luxul tried to be helpful and offered an RMA. Definitely tried to make good on their end which is great. Customer service was good I have to give them that. It's crazy my luck but unfortunately the new the new router won't pull a Wan IP at all. Internet no problem off the modem itself, internet no problem off another router. Internet at the luxul no go. Not a cabling issue from modem to luxul. Odd. I'm guessing unit I got as a replacement from Wave is defective. Who knows if it might have been open box. It didn't look it but maybe. Has the newest firmware which also was problematic on the old one. Didn't even bother trying to revert to an older version. That older version still had an issue where nat loopback wouldn't work anyways and couldn't remote admin.

So client is unhappy.
Weighing my options. For now giving this 1750 on one last shot. Luxul going to send me another one straight from them. With any luck things will be good now. I have to applaud them for stepping up and working with me on this. Luxul has an xwr-3100 coming out that looks nice for a desktop router but its not avail [Link: luxul.com]

I was Debating tossing an amplifi mesh setup from ubiquiti as a replacement. I'd love toss a wireless controller in with about 3 hardwired access points in there but client is not interested in the investment for the hardware and running cabling. The amplifi stuff seems to review well with a pretty decent range so it might be a good fit for this specific client but i'm gonna give it one last go around first.

-update. Luxul has been great with trying to work with me. Still having the odd issue where internal network goes down after a few hours. Reverting to 4.0.6 firmware to fix for now. Ultimately since luxul really stepped up to the plate I decided I will go with xwr-3100 for client on release and an xap-1240 outdoor access point as well to increase coverage.

Last edited by gerard143 on September 12, 2016 01:06.

Hosting Services by ipHouse