The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 657 made on Saturday February 18, 2006 at 23:09
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
rcmcneil, thanks for the detailed explanation. You are almost there. What you are missing is the Alt-Shift-Drag to 'Link' buttons. At the time I wrote the Readme.txt file for migration, the Alt-Shift-Drag was not available. Only Alt-Drag would copy actions. Shift-Drag copies images. For a list of keyboard shortcuts. Press F1 while in PENG or PPENG and search for keyboard shortcuts.

Let's say you have a CD list with 3 CD changers. To accomplish the hookup....

You Alt-Shift-Drag from Migration Bridge->PCF CDs->Links2List to Migration Hooks->PCF CDs->Links 2 list. This hooks up your jumps to the jumps merged into your PCF from the SNL Import.

Then, to hook up your Player Jumps from SNL you must:

Alt-Shift-Drag from Migration Hooks->PCF CDs->2Transp-1 to Migration Bridge->PCF CDs->2Transp-1. Repeat this for 2 & 3 as well if you have more than one changer

Alt-Shift-Drag from Migration Hooks->PCF CDs->2Transp-2 to Migration Bridge->PCF CDs->2Transp-2.

Alt-Shift-Drag from Migration Hooks->PCF CDs->2Transp-3 to Migration Bridge->PCF CDs->2Transp-3.

What you are effectively doing here is providing a place in your PCF such that when you want to view the list, you can jump to the list. Next, you are providing a jump such that after a disc is selected, you can jump to the tranport page of the changer containing the disc.

All in all, I tried to make this as simple and modular as possible. If it were not easy, I would not do it myself. I use this mechanism "EVERY" time I build SNL output. I have a 5MB email with well documented instructions that I can email you if you still have questions. I put alot of effort into this whole migration mode simply because I needed SNL lists at the time and had no quick and dirty way of running SNL natively against a PCF.

If you are interested in the word document and my list setup with a tutorial as to how I do migration, please email me. As I put quite a bit of effort into this, donations are appreciated.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse