The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 656 made on Saturday February 18, 2006 at 17:28
rmcneil
Long Time Member
February 2005
I'm trying to grasp the proper way to use the migration bridge (for my TSU3000). For testing and discussion, I'm just dealing with my CD player and a link/jump to the transport page.

I added the migration bridge device to my hooks file. I kept both the SNLCDs page and the PCFCDs page in the hooks ccf file. I then edited down another copy of the migration bridge device (renamed to Migration PCF) so that it only has the PCFCDs page and merged that into my main pcf file. I then added a jump from the 2transp-1 button in the PCFCDs page of the migration pcf device to my CD players transport page.

I run SNL and get a good ccf output file with good lists and a good transport link into the SNLCDs page. I use PENG to turn the SNL output into a pcf. I then merge that with my main pcf. This gives me a pcf file with a Migration Bridge device and a Migration PCF device. The Migration Bridge device has both the SNLCDs page and the PCFCDs page.

At this point if I understand correctly, I want to copy any action lists from the buttons in my Migration PCF - PCFCDs page to the corresponding buttons in my Migration Bridge -PCFCDs page. This is where I get stuck. I can open the 2 pages side by side, but I can't find a way to copy an action or action list from one page or button to another. The readme.txt for the migration bridge says to "Shift-Drag to copy Action Lists as appropriate between buttons." What is the secret to copying the action lists? Is this a function that is no longer available in PENG? I downloaded PPENG just to see if maybe it was exclusive to the pro version, but it doesn't appear to be able to copy action lists either. Are you guys doing this in another program?

So, either I have misunderstood something in the directions and one of my earlier steps is wrong, or I'm missing something. I could alias/link the buttons in the Migration Bridge - PCFCDs to the same buttons in the Migration PCF -PCFCDs page, but if that is the only solution, I might as well eliminate the middleman and link directly from the SNLCDs page.

What have I missed?
Thanks!
ross

Hosting Services by ipHouse