Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 611 made on Thursday August 11, 2016 at 07:32
buzz
May 2003
From [Link: filmsite.org] (film: 'Election' 1999)

In retaliation, Tammy Metzler (Jessica Campbell) entered the student body presidential race at Carver High School (Omaha, Nebraska), defiantly denounced the election and promised to dissolve the student government. She earned a standing ovation from the student audience in the school gym, although soon after, student officials suspended her and disqualified her as a candidate:

Who cares about this stupid election? We all know it doesn't matter who gets elected president of Carver. Do you really think it's gonna change anything around here;. Make one single person smarter or happier or nicer? The only person it does matter to is the one who gets elected. The same pathetic charade happens every year, and everyone makes the same pathetic promises just so they can put it on their transcripts to get into college. So vote for me, because I don't even want to go to college, and I don't care, and as president I won't do anything. The only promise I will make is that if elected, I will immediately dismantle the student government, so that none of us will ever have to sit through one of these stupid assemblies again! (Cheering) Or don't vote for me. Who cares? Don't vote at all!

Hosting Services by ipHouse