The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Tuesday August 2, 2016 at 13:19
SRTShaker
Long Time Member
June 2016
On August 1, 2016 at 14:38, tomciara said...

I have many MX5000 remotes in the field and they are solid as standard CCP remotes. Many clients love them because they are certainly classy looking.

That being said, I tried controlling an RS232 device and had to use the wifi side of things. Many service calls and laggy wifi responses later, I yanked that amp for an RTI IR controlled amp. Imagine a URC remote solid as a rock on an RTI amp lol.

That remote is classy and works well for me. But never with wifi control - not for me!

The look and feel is what caught my eye to begin with. The larger screen and tactical feedback is also nice. I just finished programming it a few days ago. I am all RF at this time and it performs as well as the MX-1200. I turned off Wifi in set up and will check out battery life over the next few days. I had read it is pretty short. No issue as the cradle is in the arm rest of my theater seating. I am a bit perplexed as to why someone would prefer IP over RF. Most but not all of my components would operate over IP but I would still need the RF hardware for the others. Maybe an expert could chime in as to why I would go IP over RF. With that said, I love the remote as much as the MX-1200 for controlling my set up over RF. I also have my eye on the MX-990 at Best Buy. I need to purchase a set of B&W CM10s for my brother and may see what deal I can muster.
I've paid for my sins. We're even!

Hosting Services by ipHouse