The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 223 made on Sunday July 31, 2016 at 10:02
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On July 24, 2016 at 18:45, Fins said...
I'm pretty sure it was meant more as a joke than a serious comment. Although, I've always found it fascinating that people in other countries follow our politics.

I was going to stay out of this thread ( so I may regret writing this comment upon reflection) but I think you miss how important the US is to the world, both in terms of its economic might, its military might, including treaty obligations, and its role as symbol for freedom and liberty but also its role as arbiter of disputes. The US is the great power remaining. It may not be that way forever.

Of course, the world follows US politics. If the US withdraws from the world, violates its treaties, introduces a police state to jail and deport people I'd say it presages a new political reality for the world. Whether the divisions in the US are evidence of a gathering storm we shall see. But US foreign and domestic policies certainly have consequences for the world and the world understands this. The US is the biggest market in the world. The US is the single most important actor on the world stage.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse