The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday July 4, 2016 at 22:30
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 4, 2016 at 19:28, radiorhea said...
All together, sounds like one incredible day on the water. Most boats serve "hero beer" when you tow them in!!

The weather was great- not hot, a bit of a breeze and it was almost totally calm by the time the fireworks began.

As far as "hero beer", well, the girlfriend or wife of the guy who owns the boat is a niece of one of the people on our boat, so....

First time out in the new boat, he doesn't know it and didn't prepare well, didn't have an oar, was about 1/4 mile outside of the break wall in choppy water and it's a 19' Sea Ray bow rider. Then, they were standing and moving around while we towed them in, making it very unstable. That guy needs to take a boater safety class, big time!

Also, it was 11:30 by the time we got in, so there was no need for beer. Some of us were towed in a few years ago and we gave the guy some cash. We were towed in last year in a boat that had water in the second gas tank and when the crossover valve was moved, it killed and wouldn't start. The guy who towed us is a customer of the boat owner, so the only thing he paid with was a bit of shame.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse