The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday July 4, 2016 at 14:10
nutec
Long Time Member
July 2009
Oppo all the way. Especially if you are integrating with a high end AV system. The Interface is simple and clean. It brings a big bang for the price point. Just like @ tomciara said. Very little margin if any, but it works great. I know we're all in business to make money, but on Blu ray Players and 350$ music players that work great and make us look good, its worth it to not make any $$$. WE still get to sell all the other goodies, plus install them.
I feel like one of the best things about being a true CI is not only having the knowledge and skill to Integrate all these toys correctly, and ascetically accurate, but to be able to guide our clients on the best stuff out there for the dollar.
If we only sold what we could make margin on, then we are just another laim retailer like MODIA!.... I know this may ruffle some feathers out there because we are in business to make money and most of our margins come from gear, not installation. But once again, something as small as a music streamer or a Media Player in the grand scheme of our mission and obligation to our clients is minuscule. I sell Oppo and Sonos every chance I get. I usually order them directly from Manuf. If I'm in a pinch I unfortunately give my money to BB (their magnolia stores usually stock the 103d and 105). I charge the client 60$ to facilitate the purchase. I then install it with the system, charge for that and guess what? Another satisfied customer and a clear conscious. I could sell Sony or Sammy BS BDP's and Denon's Crap HEOS and make margin. But I don't because I know I can give my client a better product....
hey! it works!

Hosting Services by ipHouse