Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Sunday July 3, 2016 at 14:33
FreddyFreeloader
April 2004
On July 3, 2016 at 11:44, goldenzrule said...
I'm the opposite from some of you guys. The URC remotes with both an on and off button are colored green and red respectively. I program the On button to power the system on and take you the most widely used source (Cable/SAT). The red off button, of course is the system off. A quick rundown of the remote and the client gets it. For those really technology challenged people, they typically don't use anything BUT cable or sat, and its dead simple, "Green for GO, Red for STOP". They always get it. For the more technically inclined people, press whichever source you wish to watch/listen to. Press the Red off button when done. Dead simple. It just works.

Yep. They gotta be there. Have ON mirror the Cable or Watch TV button. Off means video and sound off for THAT room. One remote per room. They may think controlling two zones with one wand makes it simpler but are easily persuaded otherwise when told that every time they will have to first tell it which room they are in.

I just wish URCs cheaper wands would say On and Off instead of "System" on the green button and "Power" on the red button. It always confuses people and I honestly can't understand the person's logic who came up with that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse