The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday July 1, 2016 at 21:44
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
buzz and Mac, with your knowledgeable and concise answers to everything, what you wrote is exactly what I expect from you.

One time it didn't work out this way: I installed a system for a guy and programmed a Marantz RC5200 for him. The second time I showed it to him, he asked me to write out detailed instructions. I could not convince him that a glance at the screen would do it, even though he had just been using it that way.

One of my sons worked with me on that job, and the guy commented to him that I wasn't working fast enough, so I looked lazy and he gave me extra work to do. Neither my son, my wife, nor I could make any sense of that.

My son didn't care much either way that he had said it. I thought it was odd and counterproductive to give additional work to someone you think is slow or lazy. My wife instantly lost all respect for the guy for commenting that way on a person's parents.

It was Dr. Phil. This job IS an interesting ride. Oh, and no NDA was ever brought up.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse