The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday June 13, 2016 at 02:12
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This entire post is summed up in the bold print section below.

I tried to post this in URC's Forum but I keep getting "Database error" and the URL cannot be found. So I'm posting it here.

The program used to do this: upon hitting save, nothing happened for about five seconds; then the image on screen jumped up about a half inch; then CCP would not do anything for about five minutes. Task Manager showed it "Not Responding."

I've reinstalled the residential program. Now if I open a file and try to close it, I'm asked if I want to save changes. "Yes" gets me no response; the file just sits there. "No" and "Cancel" close the program without saving. It behaves this way whether or not I edit the file. So, I cannot save the file. (I am doing this now with no remote connected; that might make a difference.)

The problem has morphed a bit and my discussion with Michael at URC has led me to attack this in a different way.

Michael ended our conversation last week up by telling me that maybe something is not set right on my computer, and that's why I'm having the problem. He could not offer any suggestions as to what might need to be set differently, so here's the new approach: what are the settings needed on my computer so that CCP will work properly? This is probably an outrageous question to ask. I have never seen any program list the settings needed for it to work. Do software manufacturers even know the answers to this?

By "settings" I mean ANYTHING that will make CCP not work: how should it be set so that it will work? For instance, one reference I found online told me to go to Device Manager and change a profile from URC to some other type. I cannot find that now. Perhaps a remote has to be connected to make that appear in the list.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse