Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Monday May 23, 2016 at 05:37
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On May 22, 2016 at 23:49, buzz said...
I hate to think I'm defending a Comcast installer, but I can't imagine that any of their installers would let this pass. I know that they don't carry any such F-Connector. If anything, they get points for replacing ends and docked if a follow-on installer replaces ends. I cringe at the thought of a Comcast installer coming near an installation because they'll probably replace any end that they discover. This looks like D.I.Y. or electrician grade work.

As a formal Comcast installer, I saw this a lot.

You are right, that is not a connector that we would have installed. But this situation is something that I saw. Where I was the 2nd to 4th tech out on a trouble call.

I don't know if the previous "techs" were too lazy to replace that end. Or too stupid to find it.

I am currently working for an electrician. Of course they know that i worked at Comcast. So of course they are having me install the coax and ends. But... at least they have the same compression ends as Comcast does. So it's being done correctly, as apposed to the above radio shack special.

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse