The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday February 23, 2016 at 20:12
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On February 23, 2016 at 19:51, Ernie Gilman said...
What would be the technically correct name or descrition for this "over powering the HDMI"? I thought these signal voltages were all tightly controlled within limits, at particular impedances, and therefore literal overpowering could not occur. Is this just another damn HDMI problem that we don't have a good explanation for, so we call it overpowering? Name-wise, is this like the amateur electrician who describes every electrical problem as a short?

Not trying to bust balls, just trying to see if there's already a term for what's happening.

What would the technical term be for a problem that I had a few years ago?

The two devices were a Dish 722k receiver and a Pioneer Elite AVR (no HDMI). The 722k was hooked up to the AVR via component cable for video and optical for audio.

The AVR would freeze up every time the 722k was put on pause. Whether it be a DVR recording or a Live TV on pause.

If this xBox is making the AVR's OSD not to work, then what else would you call it? Obviously something is going on there. What exactly is not in my realm of knowledge and probably not your's either.

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse