Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Monday February 15, 2016 at 10:09
vwpower44
August 2004
Just ran into a problem at my house. Added two cans to my family room. I currently have a neutral dimmer in place with two 65w equivalent EcoSmart LED's from Home depot. They work OK, dime to about 15-20% and always turn off. So I added to more cans to the room. Put in regular IC Can lights and then the same exact EcoSmart 65w equivalents in. When I turn the dimmer off, the two original ones go off, the two new ones dim down, then flicker and never go off. Exact same LED, yet the two new ones don't work. I put them in another room in my house and they just flicker when turned off. So something happened in the last 6 months since I bought the first set. I wen back to home depot and bought 4 Philips, 4 GE and 4 Cree. All of them would not turn off when the dimmer is off. Some flicker and some just dim.

WTF. This is so annoying. I replaced every light in my house about 6- months ago with the EcoSmart LED's. Why can I not get the two new ones to function properly. I also moved two old ones from my kitchen to the family room so I had four olds ones on that load....they all worked fine. I also put the new ones in my kitchen, and they don't go off and just flicker in there too. I am ready to throw in the towel and just buy some halogens, but the Home depot by me doesn't stock the halogens, just LEDS and CFLS.

Any ideas? Anyone know what is going on? I am so done with LED's.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...

Hosting Services by ipHouse