The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10,590 made on Monday January 25, 2016 at 19:09
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On January 25, 2016 at 14:01, bluesmaker said...
Mike, just a few observations, your car's front grille is called a "fishmouth" and was only made 2 years. The turn signal lenses on the front are on backwards. If you post pictures on MGExperience, the Stanleys will eat you alive on that. It is the "site" joke. The door cap rails on your car are from a MkI car and are worth taking off and selling to a Mk I owner because good ones are rare for them. The flatter door caps are correct for your car and plentiful at good prices from members of the MGE and Ebay.

DO NOT use generic brake fluid in the brakes or clutch systems. Use Castrol LMA only. The rubber compounds are different in the US versus the UK. And the US fluid will eat the seals. Also the color codes for the wiring harness is different than US. BROWN is HOT. So don't wire in a radio or whatever without getting a Haynes or factory manual with a wiring color code chart.

Wire wheels are pretty but they suck when worn. The hubs and splines will wear if not tightened properly and are expensive to replace. I always changed wires with solid wheels. Even new wires and hubs can make little clunking noises on acceleration and stopping.
If you Paypal me $5 for shipping, I will send you a Haynes workshop manual for free. Private message me for details.

I have owned 20 or more MGBs over the last 45 years and they can be fun and reliable if serviced and maintained properly.

If you click on the url of one of my pictures, it will take you to my photo bucket with pictures of the MGB I owned for 32 years. Sold it in 2012 to Grand Prix Cafe. They have it for sale now at almost what they gave me for it.

[URL=[Link: s1130.photobucket.com]][IMG][/IMG][/URL]

Thanks for the info, and offer. I actually ordered a Haynes manual yesterday, otherwise I definitely would have taken you up on it. Right now, I have to figure out what is up with the gauges. The oil pressure gauge works, but the tach, speedo, fuel and temp gauges don't work. The temp and fuel gauges is likely related to the voltage stabilizer, but not sure about the tach and speedo. Ordered a few books, including a sort of guide to wiring issues and of course the Haynes manual, so hopefully I can get them going on my own. The cold is my enemy right now as its not fun spending too much time out there.

Hosting Services by ipHouse