The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 23, 2016 at 20:33
jasonrusso
Long Time Member
November 2013
I've been a loyal Philips Pronto user for the last 14 years. Tsu 1000-2000-3000-7000). I love the Pronto because the level of customization is limited by your own imagination and ability.

I just got a new Comcast X1 box, and from what I have learned from my research is that the Pronto cannot control the X1. It uses an odd set of IR commands that the Pronto was never designed for. I DID have a hell of a time getting it to work with my Yamaha receiver. What can you expect when they were discontinued years ago??

I think that I am ready to get a Harmony Elite. I have some gift cards laying around so those will help with the purchase and I can sell the pronto for a couple bucks. My fear is that I will be dissapointed by the level of customization. On the pronto, if there was a missing function (from any device) that I didn't have on a panel, I could simply add a button in the software and link the IR code to that function. Can I do this on a Harmony in the touchscreen area? Can I add buttons and make the IR code whatever I want?

Ease of programming is not important to me, final functionality is important. I enjoy the challenge sometimes. If this is not possible, is there a remote that is capeable of such functionality? Even better, is there a way I can make the Pronto work with the X1?

Hosting Services by ipHouse