The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday January 21, 2016 at 09:38
bluesmaker
Long Time Member
November 2007
On January 21, 2016 at 04:31, Fiasco said...
The NFC Championship is the first game where heisman trophy winners faced off in the playoffs

Old Age

[Link: a.video.nfl.com]

If the Cardinals make the super bowl, Arizona Assistant coach Tom Prat will have coached in both Super Bowl 1 for the Chiefs and Superbowl 50. Prat starting as an coach in 1957 for the Univerity of Miami. He is the only active NFL coach to have coached in the AFL. Arians pulled him out of retirement from his consulting job.

Tom Moore is 77 and started coaching in 1961.

Larry Zeirlein is 70. Arians pulled him out of retirement.

Arians himself was one of the oldest first time NFL head coaches at 61.

Arians was passed over and passed over and with his first chance he immediately started hitting up the retirement circuit which raised alot of questions initially about choosing him as a coach in the first place.

Arians paired a younger coach with each of the old guys (The Cardinals are pro-actively farming future coaches).

GM Steve Keim has allowed Arians to apply that to free agents as well. Chris Johnson's career seemed to be over. He was a leading rusher until he got injured (he is cleared to play should the cardinals make the superbowl). Dwight Freeney thought he was done playing until Arians called him in week 5 of the season. He's had as many sacks this year as he has in his last 3 years... combined.

So here's to the old folks. Go Cards!

Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line – Harold Goodwin 42
Quarterbacks – Freddie Kitchens 41
Running Backs – Stump Mitchell 56
Wide Receivers – Darryl Drake 59
Tight Ends – Rick Christophel 63
Assistant Offensive Line – Larry Zierlein 70

Linebackers – Bob Sanders 62

Lots of respect here for the Cardinals. I am really glad the #1 and #2 teams are meeting for the NFC Championship. However it turns out, it is definitely going to be a great contest between two great teams.

When my wife and I did a desert tour back in 2006 ( Grand Canyon, balloon festival, Monument Valley, Meteor Crater, etc. ), our last night in Phoenix we attended the first Monday Night Football game in the new stadium. It was the game with the Bears, and the Cardinals were getting beat bad until the last part of the game. The Bears fans in the stands were giving the Card fans a lot of crap and when the game turned the Card fans started giving it back. It erupted into several brawls in the stands. It was the game where, "They were who we thought they were" statement buy the Bears coach went viral. I had hoped to see the field going into the stadium, but they told me that people were not allowed to be there when they moved it in. They also told me they move it in a few days in advance of the game so I was probably driving Hwy 89(awesome driving road) when they moved it in.
That stadium is unbelievable! We enjoyed the area very much. I love spicy foods and you could buy habanero potato chips in a Quik Stop!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse