Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday January 20, 2016 at 16:02
drewski300
January 2007
On January 20, 2016 at 15:52, FP Crazy said...
The majority of Hollywood is run by a bunch of old white Jews. Are they prejudice? Maybe. But the omissions are primarily because their lives and reality are about as separate from black lives as can be. I don't think black culture even registers on their radar. Mexicans probably clean their homes, do their yard and pool work.

Opportunities for blacks in Hollywood are probably just as much an omission of ignorance as prejudice. Black people? Aren't they those people with dark skin who we are always hearing about on the news and play a lot of sports?

These moguls don't listen to black music, don't wander down to Compton, don't watch BET and don't watch the few black made and acted movies that actually make it to the the theaters. How are they supposed to vote for a movie (Like Out of Compton, which is a severe omission to the Academy Award nominations), when they have not seen it and it barely registers on their radar screen?

Now as to the Academy Awards. Who cares. It's just a bunch of Hollywood masturbation. Who watches that shit anyway? I say to Spike and Will Smith...boycott away and save that money you would spend on a tux. No one cares anyway about this event except a bunch of wankers. I'd rather watch paint dry.

But the awards, ANY awards, should be based on merit and should consider the entire playing filed. As to the dilemma of why aren't there more black actors, directors, screen writers, editors cinematographers, etc... See my first paragraph on this post.

Hard to believe that we agree but I feel you are correct. Human nature is to assimilate. We are going to hang out with, support, and make opportunities people who are similar to you. This could mean color, economically, beliefs, or similar are more likely to form groups because those in the group are more like them. Racism to me means you HATE another race. I think the majority of American does not have a problem with African American's, Mexican's, Asian's, etc. if they think the same way or have the same background. Saying everything is racism only classifies things more than it does bringing us together.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse