The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday January 19, 2016 at 14:32
bluesmaker
Long Time Member
November 2007
On January 19, 2016 at 13:58, Audiophiliac said...
As I mentioned, I saw The Eagles on May 31 this year. That was the only time I ever watched them live. And it was amazing how well they performed given their age. Those that I spoke with after, who had seen them multiple times through the decades said it was the best performance they had ever seen/heard. Joe Walsh was phenomenal. I am glad I was able to go, by accident. We had bought my in-laws tickets for their birthdays. The day before, my mother-in-law got sick or broke her back or something and could not go. So my father in-law handed me the tickets and told me find someone to go with. I told him he was nuts, and that I would go, but he had to go with me.

I would not consider myself an Eagles fan, per se. But I know what good music is, and what talented musicians and song-writers are. And The Eagles were that. They had songs I enjoyed to listen to, but I am not familiar with their entire catalog. Either way, they put on a great show, and the industry has lost another icon.

Nice story, perhaps you should actually know what happened to your MIL if you want to stay married.Ha Ha

There is a two part documentary on Netflix about the Eagles. Worth the Watch. You may find it interesting that Jackson Browne co wrote some of the songs the Eagles covered. Lived in their basement way back when.

Hosting Services by ipHouse