The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Saturday January 16, 2016 at 09:46
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 16, 2016 at 08:20, King of typos said...
Exactly what I mentioned in my first post.

I suspect that went over a lot of people's heads. I know about this and I was starting to tell you how messed up your conclusions were when I realized what the hell you were talking about. If others were like me, they glossed over it and didn't really get it.

I wanted to write a lot about this but I'll spare you -- but here it is: if you have physical things in front of you that can be measured, don't get theoretical. Don't add up what the labels say -- maybe there's a friggin' SHORT somewhere!!! Measure things. You can work up a theory later to explain it. Meanwhile, you'll solve the problem.

Get a clamp meter. Measure the current. Then, think. Investigate more.

You know that story I told about the guy with the PAR lamp that vibrated? It killed channel 17. Try to start troubeshooting THAT ONE with a theory! Nope. I had him notice when the problem started, then look for what happened at that time of day. Measure what is there!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse