Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday January 12, 2016 at 19:15
Audiophiliac
August 2006
We use the DLI piece. For the price, it is great. And C4 has a driver for it to make it easy to do remote reboots, etc. We have had about 3 of them fail though. Not sure why. One was likely lightning related. Our demo unit failed, and one other randomly died. The scripting syntax takes some learning, but I have not had to dive into that with the C4 integration being as easy as it is. Autoping reboots are reliable and have saved us several truckrolls.

Wattbox with OVRC is nice, but much more $$. What I want is a vertical PDU with IP control. DLI used to make one but it has been disco'd. There are a couple options out there from APC and Tripplite. I think SurgeX may have one as well. But they are all $$$. If Snap would make a 48" 16 outlet strip with IP control for under $500, I think it would be a hit. Anyone agree? For racks, I like vertical. Some do not. Different strokes.

We have not used Bluebolt so I cannot comment on it. The Middle Atlantic stuff looks nice, but again, lots of $$, and I have not used it either.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse