The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 163 made on Monday November 2, 2015 at 09:26
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 1, 2015 at 07:55, vwpower44 said...
I just wanted to know some logical steps to prevent people from breaking into my house, and securing my house. I mention guns one time and look what happens.

I have 6 IP cams around my house, and 2 on the street. Activated my alarm. Leave my flood lights on all the time.

The best things to keep someone out? Make it hard to approach without being seen- you have cameras and lighting- that's a good start. Unfortunately, many people like privacy and that helps someone who wants to break in but again, the cameras are there- as long as there's no way to defeat them or interrupt the recording, whatever happens will be viewable. Make it difficult to break in- solid, strong doors/ good locks/solid door jambs and limit access to the windows, so it's not a matter of walking up and climbing through. Make entering from a second floor inaccessible from the ground without a ladder and then, make your ladders inaccessible.

If that fails and you have repeated break-ins, I guess moving is about the best option because the crime level won't decrease quickly unless, like my neighborhood, it's only one or two dirtbags and they're put in the slammer.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse