The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 156 made on Sunday November 1, 2015 at 22:23
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 1, 2015 at 15:54, Diskreet said...
Speaking from the UK, whenever I see these threads derail into the infamous gun debate all I see is how all your paranoia and fear has built up.

Do you all believe that one day you will need to rise against the government and army when you feel they have taken over?

Are you all that scared that a biker gang is going to storm down your road blast into your houses and rob and kill you?

Not all believe this will happen, but we do want to make it damn near impossible for it to happen.

It's not biker gangs- read some of our online news media and find out what's happening- it's not the '50s or '60s. That was like someone from the US asking if you're afraid of the Mods or the Rockers? Do you even know what the Bloods, Crips, La Familia, MS13 and the other Mexican/Central/South American gangs are doing? Murder, human trafficking, drugs in huge quantities, extortion, kidnapping you name it, they're in it. Stop reading tabloids and find out what's really happening.

[Link: en.wikipedia.org]

[Link: theatlantic.com]

OTOH, violent crime in the US has dropped greatly over the last 20 years, but lately, we have seen an up-tick. How it is reported has changed just as much- it's now more about sensationalism and getting the scoop, rather than reporting the facts and trying to not alarm the general public.

Not knowing what's happening, someone can feel safe. Once the details come in, that's no longer possible.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse