The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 97 made on Saturday October 31, 2015 at 01:35
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On October 31, 2015 at 00:50, Mac Burks (39) said...
The problem with this attitude is that not everyone is you. Not ever kid is like yours. I have seen at least 4 articles about toddlers killing themselves while being supervised by a responsible parent.

For the same reason that pit bull owners are held responsible when their dog breaks through a screen door or hops over or digs under a fence. If you accept the responsibility of bringing something home that could cause harm to others you should be held accountable

No, the first problem in this is understanding that bearing arms is a right, while pet ownership is a privilege. No matter how you like it, that's how the laws are written. Personally, I want a giant Ovcharka laying by the front door to wake me up to retrieve my weapon before my dog brakes a tooth on problem.

To be clear here i am not talking about while you are at home. I am talking about people who make zero effort to secure their weapons ever. Pistol in the sock drawer, rifle in the closet. A gun in your empty house does you no good so why not lock it up so that you don't walk in and find someone sitting on your sofa pointing it back at you? Or walking next door with it and killing your neighbor...

My house is locked when I'm not at home. I'm not liable for some thief that breaks in to steal my pioneer Kuro, prescription drugs, or any weapons I have (be them primitive or modern). I locked them up securly before I left.

Just so we are clear...if my brother (or anyone i know) starts taking oxy more frequently than subscribed by his doctor and becomes addicted...it's because the sober/grown him decided to break the law and become a junky. Just like when a driver takes himself to the bar and gets drunk. His sober choice is what will kill a whole family on the highway and he should go to jail for murder as far as i am concerned. If that junky that used to be my brother steals or buys oxy from someone

So we agree, the thief is at fault here. Glad we agree. Case closed.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse