The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Thursday October 22, 2015 at 14:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On October 22, 2015 at 13:13, Dean Roddey said...
Ultimately, the only answer to these types of problems is to turn as many of those people as possible into folks who are more worried about being stolen from than stealing from other people (i.e. get them into a situation where they have something to lose.)

I almost, but not quite, hate to do this to this thread, but... this is exactly why the right wants to get government out of our faces and let us do what we can. While some few government programs can help, government rules by closing down opportunity, regulating, restricting, rather than opening things up. How can government possibly be in charge when its philosophy is to let people do what they can? The left wants to be in charge and tell us how to live our lives.

...the only real choice is to get them up into the middle class as much as possible.

I think about what a negative, morose little peon I was from just the (relatively very minor) bumps in my road. If it had been much worse, I hate to think where I might have gone. FFB is a real thing,

Urban dictionary: Fatso Fatty Butt/Former Fat Boy. Do you mean Forced Feedback, a term from haptics? 35 acronyms at acronymfinder don't have a definition that makes sense.

The rest of what you say makes great sense. Another issue about governing by controlling: the Soviet Union is the reference case for people losing their willingness and interest in getting ahead by legal means in a society where government controls so much.

In my opinion of course...
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse